Monday, November 19, 2007

Turkey Bingo


Alright,
The day has come for Mrs. Floporama to start a blog.

"I like work; it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." Jerome K. Jerome

I am so excited for Thanksgiving this year. As a consequence, the 3 days of work this week are going to be a drag.

Paid holidays are one of my favorite things in adult life; to me, they kind of balance out bills. I am thrilled to plan to be home while being paid to complain of turkey sleepyness and the frenzy of shopping on Black Friday.
However, the three days prior to Thanksgiving are useless work days. No one wants to work and I’d rather be home baking and preparing for company. I work in a real estate related industry and I hate to inform you of this fact, but realtors don’t work the week of Thanksgiving. So instead of facing a short week of boredom and no one to work WITH, I created a game for my fellow employees and myself.

Turkey Bingo (inspired by my nephew’s booster club)

I printed out a bingo sheet for each employee and told them to fill the 24 (plus 1 free) spaces with the names of people who would walk through the office door in the next 3 days. The FedEx delivery guy and UPS woman included.

As a reward, I suggested to my boss that we offer the first person to get bingo the chance to go home for the rest of the useless week. While this indeed sounded pleasant to my boss, she compromised and said that the first bingo would be rewarded with wearing jeans to work the rest of the week. I’m further trying to negotiate flip flops in this reward. Unfortunately, I don’t remember ever winning BINGO in my whole life.

If any readers are also bored at work this week, I recommend Turkey Bingo. At least it will make you be interested in being at work to observe if your predictions are correct.
Happy Thanksgiving

2 comments:

Catherine said...

HAH! Hilarious. Excellent work on the first post, and way to make your working environment just a little more entertaining around the holidays!

Jeff said...

I hope I wasn't in one of your squares or you will get stuck wearing work clothes all week!